Most English students need to learn how to converse naturally after gaining basic level grammar and vocabulary knowledge. This requires frequent free talk and which should be based on their interests in order to keep them motivated to learn. While doing so, they will pick up the correct pronunciation and feel of the language with the teacher/conversation partners help.
What topics are best suited for Free Talk English Lessons? Here are some ideas we use in our classes:
1. What did you do this week?
2. Why do you plan to this weekend?
3. Tell me about your family
4. Describe your job
5. Tell us about your hobbies
6. Tell us about your pets
7. What kind of music do you like?
8. What kind of movies do you like?
9. What did you eat for lunch?
10. What kind of food do you like to eat?
11. What was your childhood like?
12. Why are you learning English?
13. Tell us about your best friend?
14. What did you do on your birthday?
15. What is your favorite holiday?
16. What are your main goals for this year?
17. Cats or dogs? Who do you prefer?
18. What kind of vehicles do you like?
19. What is your favorite country to live?
20. Where do you like to travel?
1. Are you a spender or a saver?
2. What inspires you as a person?
3. Do you believe in astrology?
4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
5. Do you believe in life after death?
6. Tell us about a signature dish you cook?
7. Are you a planner or a spontaneous person?
8. Do you watch horror movies?
9. What is the craziest thing you have done?
10. Are exams a good way to judge us?
11. What is the best way to learn English?
12. Are you a dreamer or a doer?
13. Is Facebook good or bad?
14. How do you make new friends?
15. Is luck a big part of life?
1. Is talent the most important thing for success?
2. If you are to start a business, what would that be?
3. Should guns be banned?
4. Are scientist researching things that really matter?
5. Is universal health insurance the best solution?
6. Is reality TV really real?
7. Is organic food worth the extra money?
8. Do big corporations have too much power?
9. Is world peace a reality in our world?
10. How healthy are school lunches around the world?
11. Are standardized tests the best way to judge people?
12. Is investing in the stock market a gamble?
13. Has our schools improved in the last 10 years?
14. What are the biggest changes faced by humanity right now?
15. How can we minimize bullying?
16. Is climate change a real issue?
17. Has technology made our lives easier or more complicated?
18. Are governments invading privacy of citizens
19. Should people be allowed to work shorter hours?
20. Art or science? What helps humanity grow more?